The Pharmacy Technician Certification Training Program prepares students to be professional pharmacy technicians dedicated to quality pharmacy procedures. Students will receive 182-hours of classroom training, and eligible students will participate in a 120-hour externship. Graduates are equipped to assist the pharmacist filling prescriptions according to doctors’ orders.
Graduates will learn:
- Regulatory agencies and laws that affect the practice of pharmacy
- Process drug orders in both retail and institutional environments
- Familiarity of drug products and the patent process
- Understand the use of the patient profile and hospital charts in drug use and patient monitoring
- Order, maintain, and control pharmacy inventory including the disposition of expired or recalled medications
- How to manage controlled substances and their drug orders
- Learn pharmacy calculations involved in the practice of pharmacy
- Sterile product compounding and aseptic techniques
- Administrative duties of the pharmacy
- Pharmacy technician support the pharmacist in the performance
This comprehensive training program will prepare for a rewarding career as a pharmacy technician. Graduates will receive certificates of completion and be prepared to sit for national certification examinations through Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) and National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
We are affiliated with CVS Pharmacy and WIOA approved.
High School Diploma
includes 120 externship placement and CPR.
$395 for books, scrubs, and medical kit.
Registration & information
Call CalRegional at (559) 777-5939